Thursday, January 6, 2011

Birthday Wishes


This evening I was given a lovely birthday tea by Merry at her home. David and Ninette were also present. Merry asked each person to give me a birthday wish for the New Year. What beautiful birthday wishes they were!

Merry's wish for me comes from Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It is that I may enjoy earth's pleasures while also growing close to God. This means being firmly grounded on the earth and also seeing through the eyes of the heart.

Ninette's wish for me is serenity. Serenity is the very deep inner peace that allows one to remain centered no matter what is happening on the surface of one's life. It is being the ocean, not the waves. The waves create a lot of splash and noise, but the ocean at its core remains at peace.

David's wish for me is that I continue in curiosity and life-long learning.

I LOVE these wishes! Thank you, Merry, Ninette, and David!

No comments:

Post a Comment